Monday, October 28, 2013

I'm gonna need my strength...

<a href="http://4fa3caq5683qds3hmm592hh916.hop.clickbank.net/" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

 So, today I made a very important acquaintance via social media. I know you've seen me slam social media because of how it can encourage human disconnection; and today I'd like to offer an example of how social media can promote healthy human interaction. This morning I was cruising my various media accounts when some IG likes began posting up. A young gentleman who goes by @goldy_h had liked a few of my pics; which prompted me (of course) to check out his photo gallery, mostly to see whether he'd be worth returning the follow or not. To my surprise, I found his page inspiring, uplifting, encouraging, as well as highly motivating! This was a rare moment for me in my IG relationship; considering that 2 out of 3 pages I view regularly are shallow, and promote not much more than hooking up or getting turnt up! On this man's page I found nothing but pics of family, friends, co-workers, and his workout team; with the occasional pic of him dressed for church, excited to go and praise the Lord. Strange, right?! As if that wasn't uplifting enough I then read a few of the captions and viewed the IG qik vids. To further my surprise, I began taking into account his dedication to fitness, health, teamwork, and the joy of accomplishing personal goals. Talk about finding a diamond in the rough- in Philadelphia no less!

Instantly I found myself inspired by his excitement for living well. It further reminded of the importance of my personal fitness goals. Then it happened! I immediately replied to his comment on my pic; asking for details about his FREE fitness boot camp that occurs weekly- here in Philadelphia! @goldy_h did not hesitate to get back to me right away; and not long after we commenced in phone conversation, where he thoroughly filled me in on all the info regarding the boot camp and his being an Herbalife distributor. The passion he displayed during the course of our call was so compelling that next thing I knew we were making an appointment for a workout session. @goldy_h was so confident in his ability to motivate me to join the boot camp crew; that he promised if I didn't like the private training session, he wouldn't hold me to attending the fitness boot camp course- which did I mention is free? With a sales pitch like that how could I say NO! I hung up the phone feeling inspired, recharged, reengaged, and focused. Not too many people I encounter have the ability to capture my attention as well as respect; managing to do so at the same time and so quickly. I'm actually excited about the private session; and love it or hate I am going to the boot camp regardless. If he can show up for me to encourage my personal motivation for my fitness goals; I can certainly reciprocate by showing up for the fitness boot camp- here in PHIladelphia- THAT'S FREE!

So today was a great social media day for me! Now, not only am I working on fine tuning my diet with high fueling healthy foods, while  juicing it up with steady veg&fruit intake; but I can also add a steady fitness workout regimen, that is certain to assist me in reaching my fitness goals safely. My blog S/O's today go out to IG for reconnecting me with a former acquaintance I'd lost touch with; and to Mr. @goldy_h for the push I needed to step full into my health grind! Please everyone go check out @goldy_h on IG asap! How often do we have access to young black men who are more than worth supporting? Bravo young man! You did the impossible! You got me focused MAN! As always I posted a link at the top for awesome juice recipes you can easily make at home. Join me in getting fit before the New Year rolls in. This year, I'm not waiting for the New Year to come to get it all together. I'm gonna have it all together when the New Year arrives!  I now also have a positive social media story to share- yay!!! This proves you can find good and bad in anything. So in close  I'd like to share one more thing with you my Grandma use to say, "How you start your year, is how you'll live your year". #goodadviceforagoodlife ! Juice up, drink up, and toast to LIFE! CHEERS!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment