Friday, October 25, 2013

About Last Night....

    <a href="http://593b5cke092h8m24zjflfe3871.hop.clickbank.net/" target="_top">Click Here!</a>  

So....last night I had one of the best times I've had in a long time. A night filled with food, wine, laughter, music, and brilliant company with a like-minded soul. For those who really know me, know that I was married for over 10 years; and then was in a long term committed relationship for another 3 years after that. Whoa... you want to talk about being tired from caring for others who could have cared more?! Baby, I could write a book on that topic. Well, now I'm truly single with no attachments for the past year; and it has given me a chance to rediscover who I am today. Today I'm a 30something single mom, who just happens to be a recording artist/writer; searching to find the proper vehicle to successfully relaunch my brand into the marketplace, without embarrassing myself at the same time. At my age this is not the easiest feat to accomplish; unless I'm willing to become a size 0, parade around naked for the hell of it, sing songs that have absolutely no true meaning, and do anything to become a tabloid celebrity. Yeah....I ain't feeling that! So at this point looking for the perfect artistic vehicle is the only real option I have, and this will require a great amount of time as well as patience on my part. So, in the mean time my only real goal is to LIVE. Living life to fullest is the only way a true artist should live; collecting memorable experiences along this beaten path we call life, and then sharing them with the world to create a comfort zone for those who struggle with the human condition day to day. So..About last night?! Hell Yeah... I had a great time LIVING!!!

It all started with a glass of white wine in one hand, and a sharp knife in the other; and no I wasn't trying to hurt anyone, of course I was cooking. We talked shop for a bit, while listening to music as I cooked; which is something that I adore doing. The fellowship of it all is what I dig most; just connecting with another human being in real life and not on social media. Btw, I saw a post on Instagram the other day that made me sick! Some guy nailing this broad from the back and the caption read, "Started with a Follow now we Here"! Where do these people find this stuff, and what makes them think its cute?! I on the other hand met this person taking a walk one evening, while he was walking his cute little dog in our neighborhood. Now a few months later, several phone conversations, vast common interests shared, and a mutual kindred attraction to one another's spirits- here I am cooking an amazing dinner in his kitchen for the first time. He- surfed the net for cool movie trailers advertising what films are about to release. I- chopped, prepped, marinaded, and cooked; while we sipped wine laughing at all the funny clips. My smile was genuine because I felt safe, his smile was adorable because it was authentic, and there we were having a great time just being ourselves with each other. Once I plated dinner and forks were in hand the night just went from 10 to 15! Then when the plates were empty and our backs were glued to the backs of our chairs from being full, the night turned to fire and hit 20! At that moment I truly thanked God for the gift of life; because moments like these don't happen everyday. From table to couch the evening continued, watching films we both dig that your average Joe wouldn't. It was beautiful to merely share time with another, and become a shining example of what it means to simply live and let live.

Forget about asking for all the details, because I ain't telling you! The true purpose of me sharing this wonderful experience with you, is to encourage you to make time for Life! You never know where life is coming from or where it will find you. This is why its so important to be present every moment that you can. Life happens in seconds, comes and goes as it pleases, and can be missed in the blink of an eye if you're not present. Do I know where this beautiful night will lead? Nope! Do I have expectations on where it will lead? Trying my damnedest not to?! Am I getting my hopes up high for a future with this person? Hell no!! I'm just looking forward to cooking dinner for him again! At the top of this post I attached a link. I'm urging all my readers to check it out. Its where to go to find great restaurant quality recipes like what I cooked last night.  I'm not saying that dinner made the night; but it definitely set the tone for an awesome time to be had by us both. Never underestimate the power of a great meal! Countries have been saved from solid negotiations over a great meal at a dinner meeting; and families have been restored just by sitting down at a table to eat some of Grandmas' famous this or that. Could last night have been good without me cooking? Sure! It just wouldn't have been as Fantastic! Get the recipes, get a good knife and cutting board, pick out some really great wine, and invite or go visit someone you can really talk with; and put social media on the shelf just long enough to be Social in your  Real Life. Cheers Peoples! Here's to LIFE! Have a great day, and Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment