Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Two Thousand Fourteen!

The Underground Kings Promo Pic
Happy New Year to all my readers! I'd like to start this post by stating my sincere apologies for taking so long to post again. In truth I'm creating a new website to host this blog; and being the perfectionist that I am, it's taking a little more time than I expected. So, once again thanks for all your continued support; and I hope you'll love as well as support the new blog site when it is finished/up and running. This new year for me begins with so many fulfilling works I've invested myself into coming to fruition- YAY!!!! New Years Day at 5pm est we released the 1st act of the long awaited web series "The Underground Kings" on YouTube for the world to finally witness; and I'm happy to report that the feedback we've received thus far has been overwhelmingly amazing! Many thanks to all our viewers for the much appreciated love; and to all those who would like to board the #TUK train, simply go to www.theundergroundkings.com to view the 1st of many acts to come! I'm so proud to be a part of this amazing cast. All of my co-stars are extremely talented actors; and I am a truly blessed artist to be able to learn from (as well as work with) them all on my very first on screen appearance as a fledgling actress. God is truly good to me! So, let me begin to gush about Cast Members, and give you the raw uncensored skinny on how amazing they really are!

My Favorite Leading MEN!
Chris Mann aka "Smooth Davis"(left) & David Raine of "Mama's Hat"(right)
Let's start with Christopher Mann since for me this has been the most rewarding acting relationship I've encountered thus far during filming on "The Underground Kings" set. Chris Mann is such a generous actor from myriad perspectives. He showed great patience through my occasional blunders during filming; and instead of becoming frustrated with my inexperience, he nurtured me through them while showing how to use them at the same time. There were a few moments in scene when I literally got lost in his character; beginning to believe the scene was as real as true life. That's the mark of a Great Actor. Someone that can pull you into suspension of disbelief without you realizing its happening. If I didn't already have an acting mentor/coach he would be my first choice. If he ever decides to open up an acting workshop, I suggest that all you aspiring actors sign up immediately! You'll be hard pressed to find a more giving actor than Chris Mann to learn from; as well as develop good acting chops. Playing his conflicted and reluctant fiance is a budding actor's dream come true! It forced me to get deep and real in the character from jump; and learn how to take as well as give with my co-star simultaneously.  I can't wait til we start filming again! Being in scene with Chris Mann makes my days a wonderland filled with vivid imagination. Fingers crossed everyone, because this web series is #mustsee from week to week!

My Supporting Cast
John Canada Terrell (top of "The Five Heartbeats")
Sam Odom II (bottom "The What Ifs" Music Video- The Belly)

Tiffany Barrett aka Ciara Dutton(left)
Jaguar Wright aka Faith Thompson(right)
on set

Me & J'Vonne Pearson aka Tyrone Jenkins
on set for TUK



Me & My Name is Shizz(right)
Our brilliant stylist/artist/designer
As you can see I've spared no android battery snapping shots of my awesome Philly cast and crew! All this beauty needed to be captured on spot; and this blog is where you need to come to keep up with all the inside dish on "The Underground Kings" web series. Especially since the dish is coming from an actual cast member!  These pics are memories that will last me a lifetime.

From Center to Right: Sakinah Bingham- "Jazzy Cole"
Tiffany Barrett- "Ciara Dutton" & Me- "Faith Thompson 
All and all, working on this project has been an amazing blessing fulfilled for me as well as my artistry. From the reads to the filming to its release, The Underground Kings has yet to disappoint me in any way. I pray all our viewers feel the same as I do; since we made this body of work to represent as well as entertain you. The Underground Kings franchise was created specifically to unite awesome Philadelphia artists on a level platform; allowing its audience to become acquainted with how ridiculously multi-layered Philadelphia talent actually is. Check our talent roster! We have everything from established actors to world renowned recording artists (hint hint) down to truly successful comedic genius as cast members on this bold new web series. Honestly, I don't see how this project can lose? It was winning the second Richard "RIP" Hamilton & Skye Dennis (of A Dub-C- Ville productions) chose to take it from the page, and give it life on screen. Since then we all came together lending our efforts to make "The Underground Kings" a reality for Philadelphia as well as the world. Special Thanks go out to; Richard "RIP" Hamilton(exec producer), Skye Dennis(Writer/Creator), Lionel Cook(Director), Chris Mann & Nakia Dillard( actors/production liaisons) for making Philly finally stand up for its own. Bravo Gentlemen!! Job Well Done!! As for me, I'm simply honored to be part of this wonderful team. Can't wait for all of you to see what comes next. Trust and believe...You Ain't Ready!! Tune in tonight to the "Happy Hour with Chase & Tiona" Internet radio show from 6-8 pm 1/6/14. The web address is www.phillyhottradio.com as well as call-in 484-477-6348 to live chat with "The Underground Kings" Creator and Cast! Happy 2014 to all! And, I pray you have the Courage as well as Will to make all your most desired dreams come true this year. Take it from me it's SSOOO worth it! See you on screen- "Fade, Cut; and Print"!

5 comments:

  1. So proud of you!! Work it girl! Can't wait to see the first act since I haven't seen it yet. Will look at it this week! #AWESOME!!!Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace Jag from brother love aka Thinkerof12@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vida!!! Happy New!!! Thanks for the love sis! Please stay tuned. Thanks in advance for your continued support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @hammerhead hammer Thanks! Hope you enjoy following the Underground Kings! We aim to never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jag, you are a talented person and a writer . I am a fan

    ReplyDelete